Saturday, November 22, 2014


Activity 15: Historypin.com is a website dedicated to bringing history to everyone on a global scale. It allows users to post pictures onto a map in the area that it pertains to
It’s a very interesting way to learn about where you came from or where you would like to go.

Blogging Exercise For This Activity

1. Look up where you were born. Is there something about the city you didn’t know about? The neighborhood?
I don't remember what neighborhood I lived in when I was born as I was only 5 at the time I left. I did look up the city and state and there were some interesting photos from previous times, but nothing that held any personal connections for me. I tried looking the name of the elementary school I went to, but I didn't find any photos of it.



This is Mount McKay which my family and I saw in Thunder Bay, Ontario. The Thunder Bay Library posted this with some interesting commentary on how it might have gotten its name.

2. Look up a place that you would like to visit. What buildings or landmarks look interesting?


 This is a glacier in Alaska
 This is Centennial Library in British Columbia
This is Gruchy's Beach in British Columbia. Max loves watching waves and the tide.

Well, all of this make more sense when you look at the How to Guides....this could maybe be good for people doing History Day projects and for archives and the like..maybe tracking a trip?

No comments: