Thursday, December 4, 2014


  1. Create a free account for yourself in either Zoho Docs or Google Drive. (Hint: if you already have a Gmail account, you have a Google Drive account! Use your Gmail username and password to log in. Did this..used Google.
  2. Explore the site you chose and its features by creating a test document (or two) in the word processing application. Feel free to be as creative as you want with fonts, bullets, and the like.
Optional Exercise #2: Try writing your blog entry in Zoho Writer or Google Docs and then using the “publish” feature to post it to your blog. (I didn't write my blog in Google Docs, but I embeded these images/survey from Google Docs..does that count?)
    This is a drawing I created in Google Docs:
     
This is a survey form I created:


     
     
       
       
    1. Create a blog post about your discoveries: How does the application you chose compare to other word processing software you’re familiar with? What features did you like or dislike the most? Can you think of any ways the application you chose would be useful to you?
Well, there's a lot you can do..it's kind of funny, you seem to have to dig for information..not a lot of instruction right off hand..but as you get into things it somehow starts to link to help sections, but not a lot of direct instruction to begin with..I have had surveys and docs sent through google docs where you can submit your information and comments and this does seem a good way of searching and not have lots of versions floating around. I am not an expert Microsoft Publisher user but I'm guessing you probably have more options with drawing/images then in Google Docs drawing. I wanted to tilt an image, but couldn't see how to do it as rotate wasn't really what I wanted to do.  Google Docs obviously, is good for Team work or work with groups.

Here below is my attempt to paste a Zoho doc into a blog post, but it didn't work so well. Not sure how to fix this. Help, please. I'm not a html expert reader, but it appears the embed code says scroll, no which I believe is computer speak for no scrolling. I tried to change the "no" to "yes"..perhaps I should have asked the assistance of Bethenny Frankel, but it wouldn't let me change anything.









No comments: