Thursday, September 4, 2014

Activity 7: NoveList

I've used NoveList for a while and I find it fairly helpful when customers are looking for readalikes or suggestions for books in a certain genre. It is interesting to know that there are audiobook reviews on NoveList and listen alikes for audiobooks.

I looked at several of the Recommended Reads lists and they seemed pretty good. I also discovered that Novelist has a new feature called Keeping Up that explores different genres and includes information on the genres for people learning to look more, lists for adults, teens, older kids, info on audiobooks in the genre, fun reading maps and more!

I searched for the book "The Cowboy and the Cossack" which is one of my favorites

 
 
and it gave me several title recommendations which lead to some other recommendations and there were several that sounded interesting:



cubra libre book on cd

catalog record Saddlemaker's Wife
 
As for what other tools I can suggest to help people looking for good books or audiobooks I think our links under Books and Literature: Selected Websites are pretty good and I would recommend GoodReads and LibraryThing as good places to look for recommendations too.

No comments: