Monday, April 28, 2014

Thing 11-Library and Reference:

This made me realize that I had gotten a replacement cell phone and I no longer had the SPPL app on my phone so I reinstalled it. I had use the library's app in the past and I have found it useful for looking items up when away from a home/work computer-like I see something in a bookstore and I wonder...does the library have it? Also has been useful for keeping track of what I have checked out. I noticed too that you can send a message w/a question to a library staff member, you can search books by isbn, connect to a few databases..this doesn't seem to work on my older phone, but it's a nice feature and I can see lists of new items and currently available e-books. I also like the lists of libraries in SPPL and the twin cities..this has been useful for addresses, phone #'s, hours.

I did try the ELM app and it is useful for connecting to different databases, most of which I can get through the SPPL site, but still there are videos on how to use the various databases.

No comments: