Saturday, April 19, 2014

Thing 7: Content Saving and Sharing:

Well, I had tried Pinterest earlier in Dec as part of an inlibrary training and I can see its use-saving pictures of different book covers, displays, training, programs..it could be a good way to go back and see things you are interested in. I do recall feeling a little overwhelmed because the photos just go on and on and on and its hard to know where to stop because in a way it doesn't really stop. I can also see that it is a nice visual/graphic way for libraries to do online displays and to share what they are doing with the world.

Bitly I couldn't get it to come up as an app for ipad..maybe it is just iphone/ipod touch..in any case I think this could be useful too for saving url's/links..other than if the links change..I guess maybe pinterest would have an advantage because the item that you pin was posted to pinterest so the link shouldn't change, right?

I was thinking it kind of reminds me of del.ici.ous which was in the original 23 things..which I didn't finish..am trying to finish this one, but it's not easy...but I digress..it also makes me think of pinboard which the former gov docs librarian here put some links on and created sort of a word cloud (I think that's the term) on our website. But it looks like maybe pinboard has a one time charge..maybe it didn't before, not sure?

No comments: