Saturday, May 3, 2014

Thing 13 Presentations:

I haven't created any presentations yet so I will have to get back on that, but based on reading each info page for each one and watching videos I think I would really like to try Haiku Deck...it seems interesting and easy and I am thinking about it because my co-worker and I are going to do some teen activities this summer and we wanted to take photos and then have a slide presentation of the photos at the end to show what everyone did and this looks like a nice way to do it. What I am worried about and I will have to test this on the ipad to see if this is the case is that I can't get anyone else's Haiku Deck presentations to play...when I click on the links presented I couldn't get it to show anything there was an icon image but I couldn't get anything to work..maybe our computers at work are too old or don't have the right software? Will have to try on ipad.


I read about Educareations in a list of apps recommended by Upstream Arts (www.upstreamarts.org, which is an organization that works on using the arts with people who have the attribute of being diff-abled to help them thrive). I think this could be great for presentations and for teaching materials either in-house or externally. I made a presentation based on something my son and I read in a book:http://www.educreations.com/lesson/view/otter-food-chain-conservation/21545168/?s=f7L9E2&ref=app

Lensoo sounds interesting, but their isn't much on how to create a presentation or with presentation created by it so I guess I will have to play around with this one to see what it is like. This is the same for Deckslide show. Lensoo seems like something that might be nice for interactive activities with kids, teens, etc..at least this is what it made it look like with Lensoo's video..maybe something for CreaTech or maker space where kids/teens, etc could be creating/experimenting with making their own content.   I did make a lensoo presentation with my son and I like the geometric shapes.  http://create.lensoo.com/watch/b69D.

Deckslide seems like it could be a nice way to create a presentation once you have content ready.

No comments: