Saturday, May 31, 2014

Thing 17-Well, I wanted to download the Mpls. skyway app, but although I can find it, I can't get to a page where I can download it..the closest I get is a white box in the middle of the screen..arrgh! Can't get it to bring up Minnesota Explore or Saint Paul Connect either..maybe bad wi-fi connection at library..will have to try at home..sigh!
Minnesota 511


Did manage to load Minnesota 511 which is not quite as exciting as I thought it would be, but it does show highways and if there is construction, or whether there are accidents, etc. You can search by place or by highway and then you can click on the symbols to see what exactly is going on. You get lots of pop-ups making you promise not to drive and use the app and to be sure you are being safe. You can put in other cities, states, etc, but it doesn't show the construction/accident symbols.

I couldn't get the Mpls skyway app, but I did find one called Citybot that has an app for Minneapolis. You can create an itinerary where you select a starting spot, ending spot and then can select where you would like to stop in between like events, museums, snacks, etc and you can say whether you want to walk or drive (wish there was public transit option and/or skyway option...), this could be pretty handy for trips to Mpls. They have apps for other cities as well (not St. Paul, but San Diego, Washington D.C., etc..) You can also search a particular location. A nice feature is it does show hours and it does give other people's reviews of places.  

Minneapolis Smart Travel Guide

No comments: