Saturday, May 31, 2014

Thing 18-Education

So ironically I already have the Bill Nye app-yes we love all things Bill Nye at our house and we eagerly awaited the free app from Disney. It si fun in that you have to "scan" your finger to get in. There are about 6 experiments you can try, Bill Nye Clips (attached to ways to download more for $), a space game, other alien games, a periodic table..not bad..could be a little less commercial, but fun for Bill Nye fans.

Russian Alphabet

By Hamdouchi Interactive, LLC

Russian Alphabet

I was looking for an app to help my son learn the letters of the Russian alphabet and more importantly be able to practice writing them and I found this one. It isn't free, but it isn't very expensive and I like it because in the study mode you can click on the leters, hear the letter and a word the letter appears in and when you click on the pencil icon you have a screen where you can trace the letter with your finger or a stylus and you can remove the letter so you see just your own writing and you can change colors of the writing if you like. There are also quizzes. It's not too bad.

The 3d Brain is cool to look at, spin around, and find different areas..this could be good for studying and I think my son will have fun looking around it.

 

No comments: